10 QUALITIES TO LOOK FOR IN A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT
Are you thinking about hiring a Virtual Assistant but not quite sure what key traits you should be looking for to find the right person? We’ve put together 10 clear qualities to look for when hiring the best Virtual Assistant.
1. Reliability. Reliability is a must in a virtual assistant. It doesn’t matter how qualities they are or how cheap their rate it, if you can’t rely on them, this is a no-go. Your VA needs to be able to get the job done without hand-holding and reminders. The whole purpose of a VA is to make your life easier, not the other way around.
2. Accuracy. Accuracy is very important. Mistakes are human and will happen. But a great VA will take the extra time to double-check and avoid unnecessary mistakes like typos and subpar work. If you have to constantly review their work for mistakes, your VA is not saving you much time.
3. Integrity. Intellectual property is incredibly important and Integrity plays a big role in this in terms of original content and no plagiarizing. Also, if your VA confirmed the work would be done by Friday, then you must get this on Friday. If for whatever reason, this wasn’t possible, your VA must communicate this to you in advance and provide an acceptable solution for the delay.
4 Helps grow your business. This is incredibly important. A good VA will get to know you and your business and find ways to help make your business grow and increase your income. You’ll see when this happens, your VA will be an indispensable part of your team!
5. Resourcefulness. Once your VA is part of the team, It should be her mission to know as much about the business as possible and be able to answer any question you may have. If they don’t have the answer, a resourceful VA will find it!
6. An “ideas” person. This goes along with resourcefulness. You want your VA to come up with ideas to make the company better! This can be related to Marketing, Social Media or Administration – a great VA will see opportunities to suggest new ways of doing things and bring fresh new ideas to the table.
7. Kind and friendly personality. This goes without saying, but truly a good personality is so important. Your VA should always be positive, understanding, composed and respectful.
8. Ability to multitask. This is one of the top things a VA will need to do, is take on multiple tasks for a client and keep them all organized and moving forward. This takes efficiency, time management and good scheduling!
9. Works well under pressure. It’s important for your VA not to breakdown in tears if ever you have a large workload and tight deadline. Sometimes you may also come off stressed, and it’s your VA’s job to respond to you with confidence and clear-headedness.
10. Your VA must follow through and follow up. This is probably the most important, but your VA must stay on top of every task, even when you don’t follow up! Small tasks can often fall through the cracks, but it’s their job not to let that happen and ensure everything is done, and done well!
Hope this helps you in your search, remember you can always write us with any questions you may have, or to help you get started in pairing you with the righ Virtual Assistant for your team.
BLOOM & Co team